Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sabah , my home away from home

Hello everyone ..

My name is Doris. But almost everyone calls me Aunty Doris and I guess when you wear the tag long enough it eventually becomes a part of you.

Anyway, this blog was started as a way to reach out to our friends from overseas to let them know about what is happening in and around Sabah ,my home for the last 25 years !

Originally from Singapore and working in the heart of the city marketing Diamonds for then Mondial Diamond Pte Ltd, I have traded the busy life with a much different lifestyle that allows me proximity to nature and the environment.

I fell in love with Sabah the very first time I set foot on the old Airport at Tanjung Aru. It was a very strange and yet pleasant feeling as I was met by friends who were there waiting for me at the airport lobby.

I was immediately impressed by the stark difference in the laid back environment, the local culture and the genuine hospitality of the people in this land below the wind, the iconic name for this beautiful State of Sabah.

Was it therefore any wonder that I have spent the last 25 years living in Sabah, my adopted home !!

Yes I met and married a local native Sabahan named Alfons and together we operate a small tourism facility called Hillview Gardens that is geared directly at sharing the natural hospitality of the local sabahans as we welcome visitors from many countries. The hands-on approach to hospitality have given us a very rewarding and warm personal relationship and lasting friendships with so many of our visitors from all over the world.

It is our hope that this simple website will be able to let all our friends, past visitors and pending visitors to Sabah an opportunity to be in touch directly with us to know more about what is happening in Sabah and to get updates through our interaction here as well.

If you are planning a visit to our beautiful State of Sabah, Malaysia,we would be so happy to welcome you. And if you need me to assist with planning your much deserved vacation here , please feel free to send me an email or leave a message.

Leave us a note or two in the feedback form. We love hearing from you!

I also have an Online Shopping Mall, so if you enjoy shopping online please feel free to click and browse below:

Aunty Doris' Online Shopping Mall

Peace and Happiness.

Aunty Doris


Handfone: 006016-9149383

Email: doris8873@yahoo.com

Website : www.auntydoris.co.nr

My home business website: www.spiderbiz.ws
http://spiderbiz.ws/spiderweb3/

CLICK HERE FOR TRAVEL HOTEL BARGAINS


free counters

No comments:

Post a Comment